Spring 2021 Registration for Current Students Begins October 26, 2020
Spring 2021 Registration For Incoming Students Begins:
- Transfer Students begin registration on November 9, 2020
- Freshman Students begin registration on November 9, 2020
All enrollment changes require the approval of the instructor which you then forward their email approval to email@example.com. Any add will require the approval of the instructor AND the Department Chair of your major. All wait lists have been purged. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective October 13, 2020:
If you are requesting to drop a course or multiple courses, you must follow the procedure outlined below. The last day to request a drop for a serious and compelling reason is November 9th, 2020.
- Students need to initiate the request by emailing their respective instructor(s), requesting to drop the course. In the email the student should include the following:
- Their full name
- Student ID
- Course that they are requesting to be dropped from (Ex: CSUB 1029)
- CRN if available (Ex: 83235)
- A brief explanation of why they wish to drop the course(s)
- Any documentation supporting the students request should be attached to the email
- The instructor will review the request, and reply to the student with their written approval/denial to drop the course
- If the student is dropping multiple classes, they must get the approval of each instructor. Do not forward to the Department Chair until all approvals are received. You can print the approvals, take a picture of them and attach it, or you can attach the emails directly by clicking on (when in Outlook) “Insert”, “Outlook Item” and then select the emails you want to send to the Dept Chair.
- The student will then forward the request via email to the Department Chair of their major. The Department Chair should reply with their written approval/denial. The Department Chair should cc their Associate Dean on their response
- The Associate Dean will give the final approval/denial, cc’ing email@example.com so that the request can be processed. Our office will get the approval of Student Financial Services and the AVP of Enrollment Management, if required
- Students can review their schedule in their myCSUB account to confirm that the course has been dropped (as indicated by a grade of W on their list of grades and/or on their unofficial transcript)
FALL VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS:
Monday through Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM